That high school diploma can still be yours! The Las Vegas-Clark County Library District (LVCCLD) offers adults the opportunity to earn an accredited high school diploma and career certification online through Career Online High School (COHS), a FREE program that provides support every step of the way to help you achieve this important goal.
The Library District's COHS program provides a limited number of scholarships to qualified adult learners who are looking to expand their career opportunities, prepare for workforce entry, or continue their education. COHS is available to a limited number of adults per semester on a first-come, first-served basis. To qualify, you must: be a minimum of 19 years old; have successfully completed the 8th grade, and have a valid LVCCLD library card in good standing (or are willing to apply for one). Apply here for a free library card!
Only applicants who successfully complete an online self-assessment and a two-week prerequisite course, followed by an in-person interview and reading test, will be considered. The type of career certifications being offered are in the high-growth, high-demand fields that include:
- Certified Protection Officer
- Child Care and Education
- Commercial Driving
- Food and Hospitality
- General Career Preparation
- Home Care Professional
- Homeland Security
- Hospitality and Leisure
- Office Management
- Retail Customer Service
Once accepted into the program, you will be paired with an online academic coach who will provide you with your career path and offer ongoing guidance and resources needed to master the courses. Students are given up to 18 months to complete the program. In addition, the dedicated staff in the Library District's Adult Learning Center (formerly CALL) will be available to help you meet your educational and career goals.
If you are ready to start your journey to getting your high school diploma, please review the following tasks to start the process
- Review the Career Online High School Website to determine if this program is for you
- Click on the learn more button and complete the self-assessment
- Learn about the career tracks from the links provided
- Select a career track, make sure to choose carefully, once selected it cannot be changed
- Start a prerequisite course which is the first semester of the career track you choose. The course must be completed within 2 weeks with a score of at least 70%