Have you ever had a case of the Mondays that lasted all the way through Friday at 5 p.m.? Do you get the Sunday scaries when thinking about the week ahead of you? It may not be easy working in a job you don’t like, but it’s easy to find one that you love, suited to your talents and interests, with Nevada Career Explorer. This new online career and planning tool is free to use for LVCCLD cardholders and will set you on a journey to discover your true career path.
Nevada Career Explorer can be accessed on any computer—in the library or at home—at LVCCLD.org/career-exploration. All you need is your library card number and PIN to login.
Check Out These Features:
- Quick Assessment: Shows you an organized view of your personality type and strengths based on your answers to a few short questions.
- Interest Profiler: Highlights your interests and outlines how they pertain to the workforce.
- Budget Your Life: Create budgets for your current income and spending, or plan for the income you’d like to earn with your dream job.
- Choosing an Industry: Search for opportunities based on highest wages, most openings, or most in-demand.
- Up the Ladder: A game-like learning tool, designed for kids, that introduces them to fields and future professions that might be of interest.
- Colleges and Training: Search for nearby locations that offer the education you need to secure your ideal career.
Finding the job you want, and navigating your way to it, is now easier than ever with your LVCCLD library card and Nevada Career Explorer. Hello, Monday!
Made possible by the Nevada State Library, Archives and Public Records, and the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS).