You can skip the streaming subscriptions because the Library District is your ultimate FREE entertainment resource! There are a number of ways to play your favorite movies, TV shows, and music using your FREE library card to access our online resources on your TV. Here's how to get started:
- Apple TV (4th generation) and Roku, Amazon Fire TV Stick and TV: Install the Hoopla Digital and Kanopy apps. Use the remote provided with the device to control the apps, including playback.
- Apple TV (The 3rd generation and older): Play Hoopla and Kanopy by mirroring iOS devices. Use your iOS device to control the apps, including playback.
- Chromecast or TVs with built-in Chromecast: Play Hoopla, and Kanopy by mirroring iOS or Android devices. Use your device to control the apps, including playback.
- PC using an HDMI cable: Connect a PC to TV with an HDMI cable. Use your PC to open and log into the apps for playback.
Note: Devices (e.g. mobile devices, smartphone), and streaming devices, (e.g. Apple TV, Kindle Fire Stick, Google Chromecast, and Roku) must all be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
Google Chrome Cast
- Connect Chromecast to the power plug and TV HDMI port.
- Download Google Home from the device’s app store.
- Log in to Google Account
- Make sure code on TV and device are the same, both connected to the same Internet or WiFi.
- Click, Yes.
- Open streaming app (Hoopla and Kanopy), play the movie and tap the "cast" button on your device.
Kindle Fire Stick, Roku and Apple TV (4th generation)
- Log into your Hoopla account, tap on Settings, and select Link a Streaming Device.
- Enter the code displayed on your TV screen to link your Hoopla account to your streaming device.
- Use remote for title selection and playback.
- Log into Kanopy from your PC or mobile device.
- Click or tap the menu icon, and select Link Your Device.
- Enter the code displayed on your TV screen to link your Kanopy account to your streaming device.
- Use the device remote to access title selection and playback.
To learn more about the Library District's FREE entertainment online resources, click HERE.