While you are practicing social distancing, use your free library card to access these fun, educational, and FREE online resources to help pass the time, teach you something new, and keep your skills sharp!
Don't Have A Library Card? Welcome To The Library District’s New Digital eCard!
Sign up and #GetCarded to enjoy instant access to download or stream everything from our digital collection.
Online Learning Resources:
Free with your Library District card:
- Play and Learn with Socrates - This new learning tool performs like a video game, with prizes and incentives, as it sharpens math, English language arts, and science skills for grades K-8. Content adapts and grows as the student advances grades. Multilingual and cross-cultural support is also offered. Requires a Library District library card.
- Free Online Tutoring with Brainfuse - Get help with your homework online. Enter our online classroom and receive live, online help from a Brainfuse tutor. Available in English and Spanish for early elementary through advanced college prep students in core subjects. Requires a Library District library card.
- Improve Student Performance with IXL - Reinforce classroom and homeschooling lessons and improve student performance! Access is free with your library card. This online learning site offers unlimited practice in over 6,000 topics and individualizes the learning experience for students so they can work at their own pace to master the material. Requires a Library District library card.
- World Book Early World of Learning - Early World of Learning offers rich resources designed to develop reading fluency and phonemic awareness in younger learners. Requires a Library District library card.
- Novelist K-8 Plus - A trusted source of read-alike recommendations specifically for younger readers. It helps kids find books that are just right for their reading level and interests. Parents, teachers, and librarians can also find tools to teach with books and engage young readers. Requires a Library District library card.
- National Geographic Kids - Explore the natural world with interactive games, fun videos, and get homework help from the creators of the award-winning magazine. Requires a Library District library card.
- Staff Lists and More! - You can find reading recommendations and more online resource suggestions on our Kids page!
- Language Learning - Transparent Language, Muzzy, and Rosetta Stone. Requires a Library District library card.
- Help by Subject - Math, History, Science & Technology, Geography, and Biography.
- LearningExpress Library - LearningExpress Library helps improve the lives of people every day through a highly-acclaimed eLearning solution that provides support to students and professionals for academic skill-building, standardized test prep, career certification test prep, and more. Requires a Library District library card.
- TreeHouse - Learn web design, coding, and much more with Treehouse. You can learn at your own pace and become job ready within months. Requires a Library District library card.
- Lynda.com - Online learning library that helps anyone learn business, software, technology, and creative skills from over 3,100 engaging video courses taught by recognized industry experts. Requires a Library District library card.
Discover all of the Library District's FREE eResources by clicking here.
Other Free Online Learning Resources:
- Vegas PBS Learn - Providing access to instructional resources for educators and families. Their goal is to help ensure learning continuity for students while schools are closed.
- Scholastic Learn At Home - Day-by-day projects to keep kids reading, thinking, and growing.
- Discovery Education - Take learning beyond the classroom and into the real world.
- Time for Kids - This digital library is now available for free for the rest of the school year.
- Biblioboard Open Access - An assortment of rich historical and carefully-curated multimedia content, as well as high-quality open access journals, textbooks, and other open educational resources.
- Imagineering in a Box - A free online program that brings together the diverse talents of Disney Imagineers around the world for a one-of-a-kind learning experience and is part of Disney’s commitment to helping today’s youth create the future they imagine.
- ASU For You - Providing a flexible and growing set of digital educational assets for people of all ages and at all stages of their educational, career or lifelong learning journey.
- Kennedy Space Center Science Lessons - Through Facebook Live they are providing lessons on rocketry, from the Saturn 5 center. They are teaching people how to make rockets at home from recycled materials that are lying around the house.
Authors and Storytimes:
- Storytime Online - Storyline Online, streams videos featuring celebrated actors reading children’s books alongside creatively produced illustrations. Readers include Viola Davis, Chris Pine, Lily Tomlin, Kevin Costner, Annette Bening, James Earl Jones, Betty White and dozens more.
- Operation Storytime - Your favorite authors host storytime online!
- Josh Gad Storytimes - Actor Josh Gad is reading books to kids online every night during coronavirus quarantines.
- Jbrary -This is an evolving list of online storytime resources for families, preschools, and daycares. It includes videos, websites, and podcasts to support those who cannot make it to the library for any reason. The focus is on early literacy support online – songs, rhymes, movement, and stories.
- Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems! Mo Willems invites YOU into his studio every day for his LUNCH DOODLE. Grab some paper and pencils, pens, or crayons and join Mo to explore ways of writing and making together. New episodes will be posted each weekday at 1:00 p.m. ET and then remain online to be streamed anytime.
- Draw with Author/Illustrator Wendy MacNaughton - Follow @WendyMac on Instagram to draw together!
- Free Stories with Audible - While school is on pause, kids listen free. The free collection has been handpicked by editors and is a mix of stories to entertain, engage, and inform young people, ages 0–18.
Crafting & Hobbies:
- CreativeBug – Provides over 1,000 video classes in painting, knitting, crafting, sewing, and more. Requires a Library District library card.
- Hobbies and Crafts Reference Center – This database offers detailed "how-to" instructions and creative ideas to meet the interests of virtually every hobby enthusiast. Full text is provided from leading hobby and craft magazines. Requires a Library District library card.
Visit The Zoo Online:
- Cincinnati Zoo is Bringing the Zoo to You! - The Cincinnati Zoo plans to offer Home Safari Facebook Live seven days a week!
- San Diego Zoo Facebook Live - The Zoo is closed but you can visit virtually through their Facebook Live broadcasts
- San Diego Zoo Kids - A website just for kids with amazing videos, activities, and games and live webcams. Enjoy the tour!
- Monterey Bay Aquarium Live Cams - With ten live cams to choose from, you can experience the wonder of the ocean no matter where you are.
- Houston Zoo Animal Cams - Tune in to the Houston Zoo Webcams and enjoy a live look at animals that call the Houston Zoo home!
- Georgia Aquarium Live Cams - Eight live cams on their website across different colorful, fun exhibits.
- Oregon Zoo - Daily video updates on their Facebook page opens a new windowof different animals during their temporary closure.
- Zoo Atlanta Panda Cam
Visit A Museum From Home:
- Discovery Children's Museum - The museum may be temporarily closed, but there is still plenty to be DISCOVERED! Kids can enjoy the digital resources they have created and compiled to help keep them busy during this time of social distancing.
- Boston Children’s Museum - Walkthrough the Boston Children’s Museum thanks to Google Maps! This virtual tour allows kids to explore 3 floors of fun.
- New York’s Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum
- The British Museum - Visit London’s The British Museum with an interactive timeline.
- The Louvre Virtual Tours -Visit the museum's exhibition rooms and galleries
- Amsterdam’s Rijksmuseum of Art
- Google Arts and Culture Collection - Full list of museum virtual tours
- Winchester Mystery House Virtual Tour
Visit A National Park:
- Yellowstone National Park Virtual Tours
- Hawai’i Volcanoes National Park, Hawaii
- Kenai Fjords National Park, Alaska
- Carlsbad Caverns National Park, New Mexico
- Bryce Canyon National Park, Utah
- Dry Tortugas National Park, Florida
- Cirque Connect - Exercise the Cirque way, learn new makeup techniques, dive into virtual reality or amaze your kids with unique videos created for them.
- PBS Unlocks Streaming Content - Theater fans in the US can now enjoy a wide selection of FREE musicals and plays as PBS unlocks past episodes of 'Great Performances' and 'Live from Lincoln Center' for unlimited streaming.
- Austin City Limits - Opens up video archives during COVID-19 pandemic.
- The Show Must Go Online - A weekly live stream working through the complete works of Shakespeare.
- 123 Andrés - Latin Grammy-winning music duo and their catchy songs and lively concerts get the whole family dancing and learning will be holding live concerts on their YouTube channel.
- BroadwayHD - Stream Broadway musicals and more for free for 7 days.
- Live Stream Concerts - Musicians are live streaming concerts from their homes.
- Shakespeare's Globe - Free streaming content including the Sonnet Project NYC and Shakespeare Lives.
- Patrick Stewart - A Sonnet A Day on Facebook Watch.
- Social Distancing Festival - Celebrating art from all over the world, showcasing amazing talent and coming together as a community at a time when we need it more than ever.
Metropolitan Opera - Watch some of the world's best operas from the comfort of your own couch.
Cooking & Gardening:
- Green Our Planet Virtual Academy - Green Our Planet is taking their garden, nutrition and hydroponics lessons online to serve children in our community during this time of need. Students can learn from Green Our Planet's farmers, chefs and hydroponics experts at home.
- Massimo Bottura - Gucci Osteria’s Massimo Bottura is offering free virtual cooking classes on Instagram.
- Alton Brown - He videos to keep you entertained and informed including the importance of handwashing.
- Stay at Home Chef - Restaurant quality recipes, you can easily make at home.
- Quarantine Cooking with Joanna Gaines