Getting account notifications is more convenient than ever!
Thanks to popular demand for account notifications via text messages, we’ve got you covered! You can now sign up to receive text messages to notify you when your holds are ready for pickup, to alert you about upcoming due dates, and more! To opt in, visit your favorite library location, opens a new window, and go to the Customer Service desk. Our friendly staff will be happy to update your account settings for you.
Here's how the Library District's text notifications work:
Sign up at the Customer Service desk at your favorite location.
Our friendly staff will update your account settings on the spot. Remember to bring your ID with you for account verification. Once your account is updated, you will begin to receive text notifications when:
- Your requested item is ready for pick-up.
- Your currently checked-out item is due soon.
- We have automatically renewed a checked-out item from your account.
- You have an item that is overdue.
What you will need to use this service:
- A valid mobile number is required to receive text messages. We are unable to send text messages to landlines.
- Add us to your phone's contacts to more easily recognize messages! Library District Text notifications will come from 702.500.0849 and will be sent out around 7 a.m. each day.
- By signing up to receive text messages, you acknowledge that standard text messaging rates from your wireless carrier may apply.
- Any costs related to receiving a text message are the responsibility of the individual receiving the messages.
- Please check with your cellphone provider for additional details on receiving text messages.
To opt-out of the texting service, you can use one of the following methods:
- Contact the Customer Service desk at your favorite library location to remove the phone number that was provided for text message notifications.
- After receiving a message, text STOP to discontinue receiving additional text messages.
- You will receive a confirmation text that you will no longer receive messages.
- To undo this, text START to begin receiving messages again.