True or False: You have to be inside a Las Vegas-Clark County Library District branch to access its online resources?
Whether in one of our computer labs, thumbing through your tablet at your kitchen table, or browsing your phone while you're on the bus, you can access our electronic resources with your LVCCLD library card!
With our free online resources, you can:
- Instantly borrow or stream new music the day it's released via Hoopla and Freegal
- Stream movies from Hoopla, Kanopy and more
- Download ebooks and audiobooks with Overdrive
- Flip through the latest magazines and newspapers from Pressreader
- Explore databases in every subject from auto-repair to world history
- Learn a new language or sharpen your skills with Muzzy, Rosetta Stone, and Transparent Language
- Take classes in just about anything with Great Courses and LinkedIn Learning, or learn to code with Treehouse
- Develop your career plan with Nevada CareerExplorer or start a small business with Gale Small Business Builder
- So much more!
So, how do you access them?
From our homepage, you'll select online resources from the blue navigation menu.
From the drop-down menu, you get a glance of the variety of our eResources. You can quickly jump to eResources by format or subject, or explore all of them at once, or in alphabetical order. Here are a few examples of how to explore:
- If you select BY Online Resources> FORMAT > Downloadable Audiobooks, you'll be taken to a page where you can find links to all of our online resource providers who offer downloadable audiobooks (Hoopla and Overdrive.)
- If you select Online Resources> Subject > Business & Careers, you'll be taken to a page with details on various employment online resources and tools.
- If you're looking to browse online resources, or to look by specific skill or age ranges, select Online Resources > All Online Resources
- If you're looking for an online resource by name "Where's Hoopla?" "How can I find Overdrive?," select Online Resources> A-Z Online Resources to search alphabetically.
If you have any other questions about our free online resources, make sure to check out our FAQs, email firstname.lastname@example.org and keep an eye on our blogs for spotlight features on our many online resources!
What would you like to see for our next Tip of the Week? Tell us in the comments!