True or False: You have to be inside a Las Vegas-Clark County Library District branch to access its eResources?
Whether in one of our computer labs, thumbing through your tablet at your kitchen table, or browsing your phone while you're on the bus, you can access our electronic resources with your LVCCLD library card!
With our eResources, you can:
- Instantly borrow or stream new music the day its released via Hoopla and Freegal
- Stream movies from Hoopla, Kanopy and Pongalo, Acorn TV and more
- Download ebooks and audiobooks with Overdrive
- Flip through the latest magazines from RB Digital and newspapers from Pressreader
- Explore databases in every subject from auto-repair to world history
- Learn a new language or sharpen your skills with Muzzy, Rosetta Stone and Transparent Language
- Take classes in just about anything with Great Courses and Lynda.com, or learn to code with Treehouse
- Develop your career plan with Nevada CareerExplorer or start a small business with Gale Small Business Builder
- So much more!
So, how do you access them?
First, you'll want to make sure you register your library card on our website for seamless access to our eResource providers.
From our homepage, you'll select eResources from the blue navigation menu.
From the drop-down menu, you get a glance of the variety of our eResources. You can quickly jump to eResources by format or subject, or explore all of them at once, or in alphabetical order. Here are a few examples of how to explore:
- If you select BY eReources> FORMAT > Downloadable Audiobooks, you'll be taken to a page where you can find links to all of our eResource providers who offer downloadable audiobooks (RB Digital, Hoopla and Overdrive.)
- If you select eResources> Subject > Business & Careers, you'll be taken to a page with details on various employment eResources and tools.
- If you're looking to browse eResources, or to look by specific skill or age ranges, select eResources > All eResources
- If you're looking for an eResource by name "Where's Hoopla?" "How can I find Overdrive?," select eResources> A-Z eResources to search alphabetically.
If you have any other questions about eResources, make sure to check out our FAQs, email firstname.lastname@example.org and keep an eye on our blogs for spotlight features on our many eResources!
What would you like to see for our next Tip of the Week? Tell us in the comments!