One of the exciting features of the library's new website is the ability to let users share comments, lists, and more to help others discover their new favorite materials! Your borrowing information (Checked Out, On Hold, and Fees) is always private. Learn more about what is private and what is visible on the new website:
• Borrowing information: items checked out, items On hold, and fees.
• Account information (name, address, email, phone)
• Library card barcode and PIN
Things you can make private
These items are public by default, but you have the option to make them private. (See instructions here.)
• My Shelves/My Collections – Completed, In Progress, For Later
• Activity Feed
• Lists (When publishing a list, you can choose to share the list or keep it visible only to you.)
• Similar Titles
• Age Suitability
All pieces of content that are public are only ever shared under a username. The only way anyone would know a user's real name on the library website is if they've included it in their username (which you can change here), or if they've included it in the piece of content.
How to update your settings now
- To check on and change your settings, click on the Log In/My LVCCLD button, then select My Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Under Privacy, follow the links for My Shelves and My Feeds and choose your settings.
- You can also make individual items private. Go to your Completed Shelf (or any other shelf) and select Add Details to the right of the item to be edited. In the drop-down list of options, check "Keep this item private".
For more information about privacy settings, please see our website FAQs.
What would you like to see for our next Tip of the Week? Tell us in the comments!