COVID-19 Updates and Vital Community Resources
The Library District is fully OPEN and our in-branch services and activities are available for your enjoyment with Curbside Pick-Up Services available at select branches. For everyone’s health and safety, additional hand sanitizing stations have been installed and enhanced cleanings continue in all of our 25 Library District branches.
You can continue to enjoy downloadable & streaming online resources with your FREE library card, here. If you don’t currently have a library card with us, you can #GetCarded here with our Instant eCard.
Below, you will find a comprehensive list of free community resources & services.
So Many Ways To Connect:
We are here to serve you 24/7 on LVCCLD.org, where we encourage you to stream and download hundreds of free materials. Enjoy entertaining and educational library programs at YouTube.com/TheLibraryDistrict. And let’s start a conversation by following us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, leaving a review or comment on our website, or sending us your questions at Ask@LVCCLD.org. We look forward to hearing from you!
Take care and be well friends!
Where to Turn for Information & Support
For up-to-date information on COVID-19, please refer to the following trusted sources:
Southern Nevada Health District
- Vaccine FAQs
- NV Empower Program - Wastewater Surveillance
Centers for Disease Control
- COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions
- Variants of the Virus
- COVID-19 Weekly Reports (MMWR)
- Get COVID-19 Updates on WhatsApp: English or Español
- Statement on Omicron Variant
Additional recommendations from the SNHD and the CDC include:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds each time.
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your cough and sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Use of masks helps slow the spread of COVID-19.
Nevada Health Response
- Nevada Health Response
- Press Releases: COVID-19 in Nevada
- COVID Trace App
- Find COVID-19 Testing in Nevada
- Current Status: Mitigation Measures
Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- EPA.gov/coronavirus - Information on reducing airborn transmission, disinfectants, and other key EPA resources on COVID-19.
World Health Organization (WHO)
Managing Coronavirus Stress and Anxiety
- CDC - Center for Disease Control's guide to coping with stress and anxiety
- ADAA - Anxiety and Depression Association of America
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)
- Self-Care Resources for Nurses and Healthcare Workers During COVID-19
Journal of the American Medical Association
- COVID-19 Q&A (Video Series)
- Comparison of SARS-CoV-2 Antibody Response Following Vaccination With BNT162b2 and mRNA-1273 (Article) - August 30, 2021
- Interpreting SARS-CoV-2 Test Results (Article) - September 17, 2021
- Assessment of Out-of-Pocket Spending for COVID-19 Hospitalizations in the US in 2020 (Article) - October 18, 2021
- The Flawed Science of Antibody Testing for SARS-CoV-2 Immunity (Article) - October 21, 2021
- Assessment of Cognitive Function in Patients After COVID-19 Infection (Article) - October 22, 2021
- Efficacy of Ivermectin Treatment on Disease Progression Among Adults With Mild to Moderate COVID-19 and Comorbidities (Article) - February 18, 2022
Additional COVID-19 Resources:
- COVID-19 Resources for Older Adults & Caregivers
- Coronavirus Blog Series by Dr. Mike Hansen - Doctor Mike Hansen, MD, is a medical doctor who is both an internist and an intensivist, as well as a pulmonologist. He specializes in internal medicine, pulmonary disease, and critical care medicine.
- Greater Than Covid: The Conversation - Got questions about the COVID vaccines? Doctors, nurses, and community health workers have answers!
- mRNA-based COVID-19 vaccine boosters induce neutralizing immunity against SARS-CoV-2 Omicron variant (Article) - December 14, 2021
- A Tantalizing Clue To Why Omicron is Spreading So Quickly (Article) - December 15, 2021
- Ivermectin Does Not Reduce Risk of Covid Hospitalization, Large Study Finds (Article) - March 30, 2022
- Effect of Early Treatment with Ivermectin among Patients with Covid-19
List of authors (Article) - March 30, 2022
- Which Comorbidities Increase the Risk of a COVID-19 Breakthrough Infection? (Article) - March 31, 2022
- Cardiac Complications After SARS-CoV-2 Infection and mRNA COVID-19 Vaccination (Article) - April 1, 2022
- United Way Resources - Emergency Assistance and Community Needs Fund and COVID Resources.
- Three Square Emergency Food Distribution Plan - Three Square Food Bank Implements Emergency Food Distribution Strategy in Response to COVID-19.
- Nevada211 - COVID-19 Southern Nevada Updates and Resources
- Hope For The City - Food Distribution and Food Pantries
- CCSD Food Distribution Information
- RTC - Providing free transit passes to Southern Nevadans who need access to COVID-19 vaccination appointments.
- First Person Care Clinic - Committed to providing affordable, high-quality, and compassionate health care services to anyone in need.
- Nevada Health Link
- FirstMed Health & Wellness - provide efficient, quality, and affordable health care services in a holistic, caring, and compassionate environment that is accessible to all, regardless of ability to pay. The staff is fluent in English, Spanish, Tagalog, and Visayan.
- Veteran Resources - VA has implemented an aggressive public health response to protect and care for Veterans in the face of this emerging health risk.
- Asian Community Development Council - The ACDC Navigator Program provides state-licensed Health Navigators who speak different languages and can help facilitate enrollment in qualified health plans.
- Grant a Gift Autism Foundation - GGAF Case Management Team is serving as a support line to provide information regarding childcare, food, basic needs, medical care, government services/aid.
- Drug & Alcohol Addiction Rehab, Treatment & Recovery Resources in Nevada
- Alcoholics Anonymous meetings in Nevada
- Energy Employee’s Occupational Illness Compensation Act (EEOICPA)
- File for Unemployment - Nevada’s unemployment insurance self-service website.
- IRS.gov - Coronavirus tax relief and information about the Economic Impact Payment.
- Social Security & Coronavirus
- Clark County CARES Housing Assistance Program
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) - Protecting your finances during the coronavirus pandemic.
- NV Energy - Energy bill assistance programs are available to help customers who meet income and other eligibility guidelines.
- Southwest Gas - Assistance Programs
- Cox Communications - Connect2Compete Affordable Internet Program
- Emergency Broadband Benefit - FCC program to help households struggling to pay for internet service during the pandemic. This new benefit will connect eligible households to jobs, critical healthcare services, and virtual classrooms.
Small Business Assistance:
- Employ NV Business Hub - Two locations: Sahara West Library & Vegas Chamber
- Urban Chamber of Commerce Las Vegas - Tri-Chamber Grant Program for Small Businesses
- SBA Disaster Loan Assistance - Federal Disaster Loans for Businesses, Private Nonprofits, Homeowners, and Renters. Applicants may also call SBA's Customer Service Center at 800.659.2955 or email email@example.com, opens a new window
Arts Grants & Funding Support Programs:
- Nevada Arts Council Grant Offerings - July 1, 2021, until June 30, 2022
- Arts Grants & Funding Support Program - The city of Las Vegas Office of Cultural Affairs is pleased to provide this list of direct grant and funding support offered to artists and/or arts organizations practicing in a variety of mediums and disciplines in Nevada.
- Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada - COVID-19 Legal & Financial Toolkit
- FREE VIRTUAL Community Legal Education Classes - Offered as a free community service by William S. Boyd School of Law, Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada, and Nevada Legal Services.
- Nevada Legal Services - Offering free legal assistance to eligible clients.
- FTC Coronavirus Scams - Tips from the Federal Trade Commission on how to avoid coronavirus scams.
- Dream Big Nevada DACA Information Packet
Career & Employment Services:
- Business & Career Success Resources
- One-Stop Career Centers
- Professional Institute of Technology (NVPITA.com)
- Nevada Public Radio - Tips on what to do once you've been laid off from work.
- Tools For School Success
- Limitless Learning with the Library District
- Homework Help
- YMCA Preschool
- Strong Start Academies - The Strong Start Go Mobile Pre-K Academy offers children and families an affordable high-quality early education program.
- PBS Kids - How to talk to your kids about coronavirus.
- CCSD Reconnect
- Cox Communications Tips - Internet access best practices for learning at home.
- Cyberbullying Resources from Security.org
- Thinking Money for Kids - The American Library Association (ALA), in partnership with the FINRA Investor Education Foundation, has released a collection of free online games to teach children basic financial skills related to earning, saving and spending money. The four interactive games are designed for children ages 7 to 11 but are appropriate for other ages as well.
- Earning It: Follow the paths of characters Grace, Emma, and Kenji to see how their childhood interests translate into successful careers and opportunities to “give back” by volunteering.
- Balance My Budget: Make choices about how to meet basic needs and treat yourself with a splurge here and there, while sticking to a monthly budget.
- Money Trail: Starting with $500 in your bank account, make decisions about how to earn and spend.
- Let’s Deal: Hear from buyers and vendors at a farmers’ market as they swap goods and learn about money.