America's Obituaries & Death Notices includes records from more than 3,900 newspapers nationwide, available in one fully searchable database. This comprehensive resource features nearly 63 million listings - about 90% of all recent obituaries and death notices published in the United States. Search cities, states, regions, or the entire country with a map-based interface.
Hosted by the Library of Congress, Chronicling America is a nationwide historic newspaper digitization project that hosts digitized and full-text searchable newspapers from 1789 - 1963. Also available is a directory of American newspapers published between 1690 - present.
Search for ancestors in the U.S. Federal Census, family and local histories and city directories, Revolutionary War records, Freedman's Bank records, genealogical periodicals and selected congressional documents and reports from the American State Papers and U.S. Serial Set.
Access the historical issues of the Las Vegas Review-Journal in this searchable digital collection spanning from 1929 to 1996. Each page is a complete digital facsimile that contains every original image - every photograph, illustration, cartoon, and display advertisement.
- Uncover previously unknown aspects of family lineage from obituaries and other news items, including society columns, casualty reports, sports stories, and more.
- Discover timely answers to an array of local questions.
- Spend hours uncovering lost details about local people, places, and events.
Billions of historical documents, millions of historical photos, and other resources in thousands of databases that span the past five centuries. Content includes
- More than 6 billion historical records from the United States, Europe, Latin America, and other regions.
- The full USA federal census (1790 - 1940) with images.
- Census of England and Wales (1891 - 1901) with images.
- 2 billion exclusive family tree profiles from My Heritage and Geni.
- 816 million US public records.
- Hundreds of millions of European records.
- More than 100 million gravestone photos.
- Military records, immigration records, and passenger lists.
- Citizenship and naturalization records.
- Government, land, and court records.
NewspaperARCHIVE for historical and genealogical information. The archive spans over 400 years of family history, small-town events, world news, and contains tens of millions of newspaper pages from 1607 to present. Every newspaper in the archive is fully searchable by keyword and date.